Consumer Durables Design Solutions
Accelerate domestic appliance design with Solid Edge
Consumer durables manufacturers need to be able to rapidly introduce new products to meet customer demands for the latest in aesthetically pleasing, ergonomic and reliable consumer products. As a manufacturer, you also need to easily create both physical and virtual prototypes to help validate your new designs and to perform testing to ensure that your products comply with industry and government regulations.
Solid Edge provides professional, easy-to-use solutions for consumer durables design that help meet these needs. Using Solid Edge, regardless of your size as a consumer durables manufacturer, you can improve your design and development processes and rapidly introduce new products, enabling you to increase your cash flow and profit margins.
Solid Edge can speed consumer durables design and domestic appliance design and help your company flourish in the fast moving consumer durables business environment with:
- Rapid concept design by incorporating sketches into the 3D CAD design process and easy physical prototype creation for focus group evaluation by outputting models to 3D printers.
- Fast modeling of complex, curved shapes using advanced surface design capabilities resulting in attractively designed products with excellent ergonomics.
- Rapid design using Solid Edge with synchronous technology ensuring accurate fit and function of components by designing, analyzing and modifying 3D parts within 3D assembly models.
- Integration of electrical and electronic components into consumer durables design and modeling housings around these components.
- Virtual testing and validation of critical parts and assemblies using integrated Solid Edge Simulation software that ensures high performance, safety and product durability.
- Solid Edge data management offers scalable solutions for management of CAD files and related technical data that meet the needs of consumer durables manufacturers, from startups and very small firms to larger manufacturers with distributed operations.
- Accurate and timely supply of information to manufacturing including 2D drawings, 3D models and bills of materials resulting in less errors and rework.
- Solid Edge manufacturing applications for accurate definition and control of machining and fabrication processes.
- Mobile access to full design projects enabling design issues to be resolved in real time when meeting with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Use of 3D assembly models to easily create accurate and easy-to-follow installation, maintenance and user manuals.
- Easy creation of photorealistic images and animations of the final product to support sales and marketing.
With 3D CAD, simulation, manufacturing and design management capabilities, Solid Edge provides an integrated portfolio of affordable and easy-to-use solutions that help consumer durables manufacturing companies design better.